Saturday, December 18

Take it to Heart


"Sunrise Sunday" 2008 post link

I have to stop and wonder, why does some news hit me so hard? I came to the conclusion that although it is terrible about the bicycle accident that happened recently in Jaco, it is not uncommon. Many people are killed in this country on bicycles, motocycles, and just walking down the road. For so many people, they have only bicycles for transportation and given the road conditions in some areas AND the way some people drive, it's surprising not more are killed.

I figured out the reason his death struck me so hard were issues I had not faced when my father was killed in a car accident. My dad's car was t-boned after a driver motioned for him to cross over a busy highway. He died in the hospital due to blood loss and a severed aorta. I won't go into all the details but it was tragic and a huge shock. I was his only daughter/kid. Twenty years later, I realize I never really accepted his death or was at peace with it. He was my hero.

This time last year, a friend of mine's son was killed while riding his bicycle in front of his house. He was only eight years old. I grieved for weeks for his mother and his family. I realized later, it was my sister losing her eight year old boy in a 4-wheel accident nearly 20 years ago which was the real source of most of my grieving. Unhealed heart.

Life is mysterious.
Things we choose to deny at the time,
have a way of repeating somewhere down the road.


It is a magical time of the day, early morning.
WAKE UP!

"The Wave - Digital to Canvas" post link

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too tend to take everything to heart. "There but for the grace of God, go I." With all the potential for accidents, death, tragedy in all its unexpected forms, it is a MIRACLE and blessing when we make it through a day unscathed. Lesson: live each day as if it were your last. Be grateful for your friendships and family. I am beyond thrilled to have Larry and Linda here. Now to help them through the process of residency and transition to a new life.

Robert Codescu said...

Hi there !!! I've got installed on my personal blog: http://www.publicistul.blogspot.com an COUNTERFLAGS but I don't have yet your country flag !!! So I'll really apreciate if you'll clickme on the http://www.publicistul.blogspot.com to have your country flag too.

THANK YOU very much, yours sincerlly Robert Codescu from Romania!!!

Tica Macha said...

Now you do! (have a CR flag on your counter). How bout installing a translator on your blog? It looks interesting and it's the first I've seen in Romania.

Robert Codescu said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the flag an by the way nou I've got an "GOOGLE TRANSLATOR" on myblog, thanks toyour idea !!!

http://www.publicistul.blogspot.com

Tica Macha said...

GREAT Robert!! Glad to help!