Saturday, June 14

Hurry Up and Wait



That's how it is for us North Americans down here in Central America. We still "hurry" and then, we wait. I am excited about having a guest to show "my secret paradise" but Cindy arrived in Costa Rica rolling out of the terminal in a wheelchair. She had a little accident with a quartz rock before leaving on her trip and ended up having eight stitches on her ankle and a nasty bruise.
Most of our exploring has been by car since her arrival...
(Gracías A Díos por mí carro!!)

We've been to several beaches and she was surprised to see the very dark sand. It wasn't what I expected either when I arrived (coming from "sugar sand land") but I soon learned, Costa Rica has a variety of beaches within a close proximity.

We drove a little south yesterday (my second favorite spot) where there are shells instead of rocks and the beach is shallow for a long way out. No wading, no water, and not much walking for her.

Manuel Antonio National Park and the monkeys will have to wait until Cindy is back solid on both feet.
The weather?, it's been cool because it's been rainy but THAT has been nice!
After all, "It IS a rain forest."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering the fact that it could be more accurate in giving informations.

Anonymous said...

Interesting topics could give you more visitors to your site. So Keep up the good work.

Oasis of the Toucans said...

I failed to notice if she was wearing a cast but if so.../?
Lake arenal.
It was hotter than Britney and Mel last week !
Gimme a call.

Oasis of the Toucans said...

Umm I meant the beaches were hot (as usual)...... Here was normal but unseasonably windy.

Tica Macha said...

1. Who is Doug?
2. Lottery people, I'm leaving your comments because I wold like you to correct me if you see something I may have written that is inaccurate.
Umm, I didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

I think the "lotto" folks gotta go? What are you idiots trying to SELL.
Don't know who "Doug" is either, be aware.

Teri, GREAT artsy pic of the sand. I could frame it. And then SELL it.

Hasta Pronto,
Beth.

Anonymous said...

I explain the "hurry up and wait" thing to all our visitors. It saves some frustration, I think.

Looks like you were in my neck of the woods - one day we'll actually meet in person.

I'm glad to hear you got your car back - ours is still at the mechanic (one month so far...) Looking for a cellanoid (sp?) for the starter of a 30 year old LandCruiser is challenging, despite the many Cruisers driving around here... Oh well, Pura Vida!

Enjoy your time with your friend. My family arrives Wednesday - YAY!

Life is good!

Tica Macha said...

Finding car parts in CR could be a whole blog! Yes, we were right at the Tico bar next to Bubba's place (Low Tide, I think).
It's a small place and we'll meet one day. Isn't it nice to have friends and family for a visit?