Saturday, March 28

Earth Hour


That's right, one hour of lights off to support our planet earth.
Tonight at 8:30. It's an easy message to send, Vote Earth.
http://www.earthhour.org/home/




One more word about the shark finning and Cocos Island ......
It's an outrage what is happening but as humans, most of us eat meat everyday.
Not giving a second thought as to how that meat got to our plates. We are supporting the abuse of animals by our passivity not to protect them. Before moving to Costa Rica, I didn't give it much thought. However, I never saw chickens crammed in boxes and transported on the back of a truck in the heat of the day. I never saw cows packed on the back of a truck on their way to slaughter. Now that I have seen a little of how cruel the treatment is, it is turning me towards "no eat meat"!
Check this out: http://www.meat.org/
It may change your mind, too.
Killing sharks solely for their fins has to be the ultimate of disrespect.

1 comment:

Tica Macha said...

I've tried to watch the video from www.meat.org several times and I just can't do it.