Friday, September 4

The Last Frontier


Around these parts, I consider the vacant coastline down around the pig farm and out at Tulin ("Four Corners"), the last frontier. They tore down the deserted concrete buildings that have been out there for years. Guess, those people believed that electric/water was coming WAY OUT THERE. Well, from what I hear, it is NOW. Rumor has it, a wealthy guy from Pakistan bought all of that property and it is slated for construction of a housing development of 400-600 houses. Us good people here in Hermosa can thank this guy for improving our water system (so I hear). We are getting a huge water filtration system plus all the bells and whistles! I'd prefer to live with the dirty Hermosa water (after it rains) and keep Hermosa Beach just like it is, thank you. Progress sucks sometimes.

This is my water after a big rain. So you see, picking this water over the construction of housing that will bring us better water, is saying a whole lot!!

Post note: Seems Playlist (TeriTunes) is on a permanent blink. I cannot edit songs or play them on my end so I'll probably delete it. If you want to hear some music, Southern Rock, go here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the rumours, too. Like everything else about Costa Rica, "seein' is believin'"!
Beth.

Tica Macha said...

My source is good.

Anonymous said...

holy crap (that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the water) I had no idea!!! well now that's it, I am unpacking my bags and am not going to move there!! :D
But seriously, after seeing what Jaco looked like and how it looks now I am worried. That coastline should not be a bunch of concrete condos!! No no no. But that area is so gorgeous, it's no wonder people want to be there. Can't have it both ways I suppose...
-shannon

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope that, if it's true, the water filtration is up and running in record time and that the housing construction takes decades. The best of both worlds. B.

Tica Macha said...

So you know, the grass really is that green.
I've been lazy about blogging and taking photos (they go together), I'll be back in the saddle again soon!

Anonymous said...

So you must have municipal water. I would have thought that you had water from Calderon's well. Of course our pressure is always wonky on his system. :)

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tica Macha said...

Initially, I was on that system. Hermosa laid pipes to this end of town and I have been using their water for years, for better or for worse.