Sunday, March 1

"Never On Sunday"


"You pull weeds on Sunday, they grow back double on Monday" as my granny used to say. Granny must have taught that same message to my mom because come Sunday, it was church, rest, and then church again. My young departed mom adhered to that way of worship stringently. So do I now (sort of). It's so peaceful and quiet in my home on Sunday, no big semi-trucks jake braking down the hill, horns beeping (I don't know why they beep when they pass by La Macha's). Apart from the Sunday motorcycle drivers (Harleys, too), dirt bikes, quads - screaming up the hill (or down it)... it's pretty peaceful around here today. Especially early in the morning.

In Costa Rica, Sunday is the day for family. You can see many folks flocking to the beaches here to enjoy the abundance of life. My favorite thing to do on Sunday, besides the beach, is to hit the road and just explore roads I've never traveled, listening to my music, with a couple of my dogs (and camera).
Or just stay home and enjoy PLH (Peace, Love, Harmony/Happiness) and play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been listening to your Teri Tunes - thank you! Us country girls know good music, no question. Happy to be home, pura vida.

Tica Macha said...

Welcome back.
Bet you see things differently now, knowing you may be leaving. I know you love CR but 'ya do what cha gotta do',,, and listen to good music while you do it.
I've refreshed my blog several times listening to today's song. I miss Hawaii somedays, and Florida of course. :)

BreeWee said...

Nice capture of the Sunday Beach day...

I have this saying, "No matter where I am I am there". It kinda reminds me that wherever I am (traffic, court, school, shopping, ect.) I can be "there" wherever it is at that moment (CR, Hawaii, FL) just by thinking on something from that time or hearing a song...

Pura Vida!

Anonymous said...

i love your sunday routine.

mary