Tuesday, November 17

Lucky Lapa


Today is the first time in a long time I have had a Lapa (Red Scarlet Macaw) come visit my Almendra tree. It was such a pleasure to watch him. He was alone. They usually are in pairs. I'm not sure which one this one is but around here, there is an odd number in the flock. They usually wake me with their squawking but I don't mind. They make me smile everytime I see them pass overhead. And to see one in my tree!? That's a gift.

Today I was responding to a comment on a past post about my own personal animal planet outside my house.
Here's that past post: http://yo-yoinparadise.blogspot.com/2009/05/animal-planet-at-my-house.html
As I was typing, this Lapa showed up in that same tree as mentioned in that post.
Funny how things happen.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the lapas!!! Wish we had them here but then we'd have to have the heat as well. Hmmm guess I'll just enjoy YOUR lapas.

Tica Macha said...

We used to have many more before they cut down the Almendra trees near the beach. Still, the same flock passes everyday around here.

Oasis of the Toucans said...

Who is " they" that cut down the trees ?
Teri. I have an ICE nursery 5 minutes from my farm. You wanna plant a couple hundred Almendras ?

Any news from Floridastan ? I haven't talked to anyone in a while.I hear the Cape is a ghost town.

Tica Macha said...

The owners of the property next to me has cut the bottoms of the trees and let them die. Of course, I have photos. They have planted mango trees beside the ones that were murdered.