Thursday, August 28

Herradura Bay




Did you know Herradura means horseshoe in Spanish? I thought I'd post some photos I took the other day of Herradura Bay. Herradura is about five minutes west (or north as the locals say) of Jaco. As of yet, there is no construction on the beachfront of Herradura and things look basically like they have for years, except for the development of Los Sueños at the west end of Herradura. I am still waiting for someone to build a boat ramp there so people can launch their boats and jet skis. One day...... Right now, fishermen just anchor off in the bay and this is where you go to find a boat taxi to get to Escondido beach (hidden, private beach) or get better rates for fishing trips since these fishing boats do not pay the high docking fees charged at Los Sueños. Make sure you check the boat though for equipment before heading out miles off shore. GPS is nice, so are life jackets!


Before I moved to Costa Rica, I longed to see anything from here. These photos are for those people.

8 comments:

wolfie_cr said...

you know that they shot a movie right there ?

When I was a kid we went to Herradura for a day-trip......they still had stuff that they built during the shooting of the movie.

Tica Macha said...

No, I didn't know they shot a movie there. Someone told me they shot one here in Hermosa, wonder if it was the same. What movie?

wolfie_cr said...

As far as I recall it was definitively Herradura

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1492:_Conquest_of_Paradise

http://www.trycostarica.com/i/herradura-beach/

Gerald Depardieu and Sigourney Weaver were in it, but only Depardieu came, the Queen of Spain...stayed...wherever they shot those :)

photoARTworks said...

Absolutely beautiful! A tropical paradise! Thanks so much for sharing!

Connie said...

Bonita! Thank you for sharing!

From what I understand, haven't "they" made a movie just about everywhere in Costa Rica!!!

Peace & Love.

Tica Macha said...

Thanks for the links Wolfie. They don't mention where it was filmed. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of that movie!

Miranda said...

I love your blog! I just visited CR 3 weeks ago. My best friend moved from LA to CR in January. I look forward to returning one day soon!

Warm regards,

Miranda Goulet
www.hairpetals.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a beach house with a view of the ocean between the palm trees?

And of course with my laptop and WIFI connection :-)

Ahhhhhh!