Monday, January 19

I GOT MAIL !!!


I GOT MAIL!!!!! (Where I'm from, that's perfectly acceptable 'grammer')
YEPPERS!! I got mail. AND you'll never guess from WHOM.
BreeWee in Hawaii!!

I rented a postal box when I first moved here thinking I would need it. Well, as it turns out, I never get mail (except from the U.S. bank). I've considered subleasing my APDO. (P.O. Box) since they have a limited number of boxes and none are available now. It's the best deal in town. $3. or so for a year. I keep my box and check it faithfully about once a month. You can imagine my surprise to see I had a white slip in my box when I checked in to pay for this year. That means "PACKAGE" or sign for something. When the girl brought out a PACKAGE, I started jumping up and down. I'm sure she thought "crazy gringa" or maybe I had won a lotto. I remembered Bree mentioned she would send me some songs. Lots of people say lots of things and sometimes they happen, sometimes not. I don't have many expectations these days. THAT is why I did the dance of joy, right there in the post office, when I saw she really DID send something. I waited to get in my car before opening it and had to listen to the first song "I'm Yours" before I could get turned around and leave. I am totally thrilled. NEW MUSIC!! COOL ISLAND SOUND music to boot! I lived in Oahu back in the early 80's and to this day, I still love going back in my mind to "my happy place". Music sends me. Thank you Bree. How could you know I have always wanted to read about Mother Teresa? The chocolates, well, be still my heart.
Typically, when I get something new,,, I won't use it for awhile. Don't ask me why. I fired up that candle as soon as I got home and could smell the Hawaiian ocean breeze. Now that's special. I am saving the cool note cards, though.
I must mention on the second cd is a remix rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", one of my all time favorite songs, but this version is with a tropical sway and beat with "What a Wonderful Life" mixed in. Muchos Mahalo BreeWee.

Teri Tunes: "I'm Yours" may just be Yo-Yo's theme song for this year.
So, "Get use to it".
Search anything on Yo-Yo - Upper left on blog.

6 comments:

katemeri said...

Woo hoo! I totally know how you feel. We don't get much in our box either and forget to check it so it's like Christmas when someone sends us something cool like this. Enjoy!

Tica Macha said...

I've taken to hand-writing my sister since she doesn't "do computers". I know how much I enjoy getting REAL mail in these days electronic mail.

Hope to see ya soon Kate! Teri

Anonymous said...

Reminds me...do you have a wishlist for when we come in a couple weeks?
Beth

Anonymous said...

Estee Lauder Idealist.

Costa Rica Baby! said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

What a great surprise find all that in your mailbox!!

BreeWee said...

I am stoked you got it (just never know the mail in CR, especially coming from the middle of the Pacific Ocean...)

Have fun watching Oprah!