Thursday, May 1

Sister Sulie

This photo was taken the last time I was home in 2006. My sister, Sulie, makes the absolute best cornbread and here she is in her kitchen. I hope she doesn't get upset with me for posting her photo but she is going through a rough time right now. Her father-in-law died recently and her mother-in-law is very ill. She is very close to her husband's family. Betty and Cecil practically finished "raising" her when she was first married almost 30 years ago (damn girls, we're getting on in years). Sulie is the salt of the earth, a one of a kind-kind of sister. She could write a book on her life's trials and tribulations. She could be on Oprah, it's that dramatic. She's one tough cookie and her faith keeps her strong and providing for her family.

I have such wonderful readers,,, I thought by posting her photo, you might say a little prayer for her and pass on to her some healing energy. She is one of those people that can't say no and will do anything for anybody. She has her hands full with her family and rarely takes time for herself (if ever). She doesn't "do computers" so she will probably never see this but I just wanted to put this out there and let everyone know, she is very special. My youngest sister, Leah, keeps me informed and it would be hard to live here without her correspondence with me. She's special too, I miss you both.

Photo of us "three sisters" was taken in 2002 right before I moved to Costa Rica.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After 8 brothers, what wouldn't I give to have a sister to care about?

BTW, your readers may not always get around to leaving comments, but there's a reason you're getting so many hits. We keep coming back because we enjoy your pics and posts. Keep it up and we'll keep checking in!

Beth.

Anonymous said...

May your sister have the strength to face her troubles and continue to move forward in her life. She is already blessed having a caring sister such as yourself.

My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.
Regards,
Marika

Anonymous said...

You look exactly the same! And the three of you look so much alike - wow. Great faces, full of light. I said a little prayer. Brazos.

photoARTworks said...

Prayers and healing energy----on the way!

Tica Macha said...

Thanks everyone. I'm like the blonde sheep of the family since I was adopted and they are blood sisters but regardless, we are still real sisters. My sister, Leah, is going to print this so Sulie can see. I wrote her back and said to just sing the "we are fam-i-ly" to her and Leah didn't even realize there was music on my blog. She had the volume turned down at work. I hope she prints the comments too. They are wonderful! Thank you everyone. Teri